The Department of Biocides and Medical Ecology provides preventive deratization and disinsection services in order to destroy harmful species of insects and rodents that transmit infectious diseases and cause economic damage in:
– Confectionery industry
– To the store
– Electrical systems
– Livestock facilities
– Mill and bakery industry
– Commercial and residential buildings
– Protection of cultural goods
Disinsection is the suppression of harmful insects and their reduction to a biological minimum. Disinsection is carried out by mechanical, physical, biological and chemical methods.
Disinsection is performed by the following methods:
– Wet disinsection with electric and motor sprayers, generators for hot and cold fogging
– Treatment with gels and pheromone traps
For the application of DDD measures, preparations that are allowed in public hygiene, have a safety data sheet and a decision of the competent ministries are used.
The Institute for Biocides implements measures of disinsection and deratization according to the HACCP system.
According to the definition of HACCP is a system for identification, assessment and control of hazards of importance for food safety, ie, it is a management system in all segments of food production in which safety is achieved through analysis and control of biological, chemical and physical hazards from raw material production, processing and handling to final product, distribution and consumption.
What does HACCP mean:
1. Hazard – A health hazard at a certain point in the food production process
2. Analysis – Analysis of the danger of possible contamination of the product at each point of the food production process
3. Critical – Determining the critical point in the process for product health safety
4. Control – Control the critical point of the process
5. Point – The point of the food production process
The main goal of the HACCP system is the production of safe food products, which actually means that it does not refer to the quality of the product but to its health safety. So, this system implies the production of healthy food by preventive action, that is. to prevent the appearance of harmful insects and rodents.
The implementation of the HACCP system requires a team approach to problem solving (user and service provider) and requires the full commitment and involvement of management and other employees.